There are a lot of discount travel sites online these days, and it's hard to figure out which ones are good and which ones aren't going to give you what you need to not only make a good choice, but to make sure you're protected later on. Here are 5 things to look for when deciding on a site.
1. You want to be able to book at least hotel, airline, and rental car at one site. If you can't get at least all 3 of these at once, don't even bother using the site. Even if you don't need one of these, you know that if all 3 are offered you have a great opportunity at getting a great discount if you did.
2. Are you getting any kind of deal to begin with? The best way to make sure is to pull up the site for either a hotel or airline, see what their rate is for at least a 3 day stay, and compare it to the discount you should be getting on a discount site. If you're not really getting a discount, then don't bother with the site. Hopefully, you're getting a discount of at least 20%, and if that's the case, then you're on your way.
3. A discount travel site should make sure everything you do is easy to understand. If you have to spend 10 minutes reading through something because it's confusing, move to another site.
4. Any good discount site has vacation packages that will offer you even greater savings than usual travel packages will. You shouldn't have to search too hard to find them, as they should be displayed somewhere very prominently.
5. They should have an easy way to contact them directly, either by email, phone, or online chat service. If you have to search all over the place for contact information, stay away because that means you'll have problems reaching them if something bad happens as well.
If you're careful, you will have a positive experience in booking your trip through a discount travel site, which means you'll also have a good time while on your vacation.